Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Eating: Goldfish crackers
Drinking: Wild Cherry sparkling water
Watching: ANTM (it's on, I'm not really watching it that closely)
Tired of: too many things to list

Yesterday I took half a sick day--and left school around 11:00). The best part-- knowing all morning I was leaving at 11. Do you know how much easier it is to get up and get through the day when you know you're not working past 11? It was wonderful. And what did I do on my half daty off? First I had to meet someone for a quick confab about something coming up in a few weeks (the meeting wasn't school-related and it wasn't held at school). Then I bought $150 new books for school, came home, and did nothing. And no plans last night. It was wonderful. Did I tell you it was wonderful?

Today--back to the daily grind. Even though the library isn't anywhere near the center of the school, I seem to see most people at some point throughout the day. And today-- there were a lot of people venting, complaining, blowing off steam, whatever you want to call it. There are a lot of emotions running high about several things, but they all have one thing in common. Or one person in common would be more accurate. It's frustrating.

It could be worse. For years now when I say that, I always follow it by one more statement. It could be worse. I could be going to outdoor lab for a week.

That one was for RR. She's going to outdoor lab for a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is... Outdoor Lab better be freaking fabulous and I better love every.single.minute of it! Why else would we put up with all this crazy prep. work? Oh, wait... I think I volunteered for 6th grade didn't I? WTF was I thinking????

cb said...

Actually, once you get up there it IS fabulous. You will love it. It's so fun to be with your kids on a whole different level. But I can pretty much guarantee that you won't sleep very well. It's just the nature of the week. I always took Tylenol PN with me. Or take some Benadryl with you.

Anonymous said...

I wanna go.