Monday, December 03, 2007

Brrr. Zzzz. Mmmm. Yep, all of them.

My feetsies are tired tonight. I couldn't wait to get home and put on my night costume and my slippers. What's my night costume, you ask? It's a pair of black stretchy pants and a green sweater. The sweater is too short for me to wear it anywhere and feel comfortable (meaning: the bottom half of my tummy shows), so it makes a perfect sweater for home.

I stayed at school until after 6:00 tonight. Fortunately I know how to override the heat control in the library, or else it would have been too cold to stay. The heat goes off at 2:30, when school gets out. The district controls it, we can override it in some parts of the building, and it's really cold if it's not on. So, back to the after 6:00. I was trying to pitch and rearrange things so it looks like I've actually done some of the things the fire marshall is making us do. I'm so stressed he'll pop back in sometime soon and not see any changes. It's not fun work, that's for sure. It's dirty work, too. Everything is so dusty, it seems. And there's too much stuff that hasn't been used since I got there 8-1/2 years ago. And I've already done a major weeding of materials a few years ago--where is this stuff coming from? It just seems to appear out of nowhere. My poor custodians. I had a huge pile of stuff out in the hall tonight, after they had already made the rounds emptying trash cans.

I really should go to bed early. I stayed up way too late last night watching reruns of things. Tomorrow night we're going downtown to see the stage version of White Christmas. I'm such a huge fan of the original movie, I hope it's not disappointing not to hear the familiar voices singing all those songs.

No comments: