Monday, December 24, 2007

When I leave a comment on a blog that uses blogger, I have to sign in. It says "Choose an identity". I'm wondering if I can pick the identity I'd rather be than the one I already am.

Got home from the C Eve festivities about 8:00 and was glad to be in my quiet, albeit completely messy, home. We had a good time, but I think we were all tired and ready for it to be done. It was a weird energy this year-- fun, but not "hey! it's Christmas Eve!" kind of a feeling. I know I'm just ready for it to be over. I was shopping at the last minute all day Saturday, was wrapping all night last night, there are grocery and shopping bags all over my living room floor, I've been eating like crap, and going to bed later than I should. It's catching up with me. And it doesn't make for a very festive feeling. I had a monster headache earlier but it seems to have gone away. That helps.

Next year I will NOT wait so long to get everything done, I will plan ahead for things like Secret Santa and cookie exchange (doing that the night before is really not a good idea), and I will have all my shopping done by... December... well, before the 22nd, that's for sure. The sales are just so much better at the last minute, you know?

I am so looking forward to Wednesday. Even though today was the first real day away from work, today and tomorrow have pretty big commitments so don't really feel like "vacation". I think I'm going to spend the day scrapbooking on Wed--LW, are you up for it?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

and what identity is that?