Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm watching From Here to Eternity--which is definitely a "classic", but I'm not really enjoying it that much. The dialogue is kind of simplistic--which I find a little surprising. Lots of big names (Frank Sinatra, Montgomery Clift, Burt Lancaster, Donna Reed, Deborah Kerr) which makes it interesting, but the plot lines (and there are several) don't seem to be very realistic. Not that I have a lot of experience with being in the army in 1953, but if the army was really like this, I'd be surprised.

I had a big headache all day--by the time I got home it was really bad. For some reason I'm usually surprised when I take something for it and it gets better. I don't have a lot of faith in over-the-counter medication, I guess! Lots of people had headaches at school yesterday and today. I guess we're all really glad to be back at work after two lovely weeks off.

Sheesh--it's already 9:00? It's nearly bedtime--and then we get to start all over again. Round and round we go.

No comments: