Saturday, June 14, 2008

As Saturdays go, this is a pretty good one so far. The show is done, the person I spend every Saturday with is otherwise occupied today so I have some down time, I had great 90 min massage this morning (next week: two hours!), going to a patio party this afternoon (hope there's some cover because it's going to be h-o-t today), and have the whole day tomorrow to start putting away the bazillion things that have accumulated in my kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom over the last month or so. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. It is definitely time to start tossing.

The massage person worked on my jaw today-- inside my mouth. I have some mild TMJ and I'm sure it's related to my headaches. He asked permission first, and warned me it might not be pleasant, and while it wasn't unbearable, he was right. It wasn't pleasant. Even so, I know it's helpful. It was surprising how much tension he found in my jaw. This guy is amazingly accurate at finding these areas that are holding on so tight and don't want to let go.

On Tuesday I'll pick up the last of my big stuff at school--mostly furniture. I emailed someone about something else today (lunch plans this week! I told you...retirement = lunch!) and told them I thought I'd feel sad about moving everything out. But in all honesty, I'm not sad at all. Then I realized what I was sad about was all the people I really like at school and the fact they have to go back in August.

A few months ago I thought I would've liked to have come back for one more year, because there are a lot of things I do really enjoy about the job. But I eventually realized that if I did, I'd probably end up killing someone. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that may affect my retirement.

No comments: