Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm not really sure what it's like outside, but inside my little abode it's somewhat on the chilly side. I'd love to go wrap myself up back in the covers of my bed, but that would feel a little lazy.

This past weekend was the Harvest Festival in my hometown. It's a long tradition (for 83 years) and there is a carnival and booths and a parade on Saturday. When we were in high school it was THE place to be on Fri and Sat nights. Over the years it's gone through some changes, not all of them good, and for a long time it was pretty bad. For a few years now it seems everyone is trying to make it better. This year I worked at the Historical Society "booth" (we had a tent) selling pull-tab raffles. I don't know that I originally intended to be there all weekend from open to close, but I did and it was pretty fun, but also tiring. I was very grateful I didn't have to get up and go to work on Monday morning after the weekend.

Score one for retirement.

No comments: