Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm kind of wishing it would turn cold and wet and maybe snowy--it would match the way I'm feeling these days.

I'm having a period of feeling unsettled, unfocused, dread, disappointment, for starters. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last, and it will pass. But I'm not really liking it at the moment.

Tomorrow is my friend B's birthday. I had thought we might go somewhere special, some place really unlike where we usually go, some place we might need to dress up a bit, some place we've driven by and he's said, "I'd really like to go there someday" (more than once).

I looked up menus online, researched if it was possible to get reservations. I asked him where he'd like to go for his birthday, gave him the info about the two places I was suggesting and was disappointed (but not surprised) at his reply.

We're going to Applebee's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save those places in the back of your mind for when it's YOUR birthday.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha --that's a good one.