Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm sure people have many and varied reasons for blogging regularly or taking a little break. Tonight I'm only posting so I can get that picture of my cat far enough down the page so it's not the first thing I see every time I open the page. I suppose I could remove it, but that doesn't feel very right.

I've been glad to have relatively little on my calendar the past week and a half. there's the occasional this or that I've been committed to, but for the most part I've been hanging around the house and doing lots of nothing. I've been done with my holiday shopping for a pretty long time, and now just need to wrap gifts. This is probably my least favorite part of the gifts-- the wrapping. Although I do know if I pop in a Christmas movie while I'm doing it, the time seems to go much more quickly. A couple of nights ago B called and told me that Holiday Inn was one of the movies listed On Demand, so I watched that. I own it, but hadn't watched it in a few years. I'm hoping to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation this weekend. "Ohhhh, Sparky...."

Tonight I joined some friends at a music place in olde town Arv. to hear a swing band. I'd been looking forward to it all week-- and wasn't disappointed. Except in the food and the service. Bleh on both accounts. The place was packed, so it was a really good idea we had to go pretty early and get a table and some dinner. Except maybe the dinner part. A little on the pricey side, and not really worth it. Next time-- it's hummus and flatbread for me. hard to ruin that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that cute date with you in the picture?

Anonymous said...

I kind of like the D note but we always have really bad service there too.

I got your christmas card - wow your whole family is on it except me! lol