Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My niece loves the show Intervention. I've never seen it, it sounds depressing. But I might need an intervention to stop purchasing scrapbooking and card-making supplies. Seriously, it's ridiculous. I blame the 40% and 50% off coupons from the big box craft store that come in the mail box and in my email. When I have possession of those coupons, I feel like I must use them, so sometimes when we go bumming around we'll stop at this store and wander around until we find something we can use the coupons for. Another problem with those coupons--when you go to the store and try to use them, everything you want is already on sale, so you can't use the coupon. That's quite a marketing ploy.

Tonight I sat and organized and stored some (a very small "some") of these supplies in stackable organizers, and I couldn't believe how much ribbon I had. But the good thing is that now I know some (again, a very small "some") of what I have and it's in see-through containers so I can find it when I'm looking for it.

When I searched for a picture of my containers, I realized they are very much like Lock n Locks-- and only my family will know why that was such a big deal!

And that wandering around til I can find something for the coupon?

I know I'm not the only one that does that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lock N Lock - YEA. I just wonder if they were so desperate for a name for Lock N Lock they couldnt just take a few more minutes and come up with something a little more creative.

Sizzle said...

Intervention is addictive which is weird. And also, it's heart wrenching.

Anonymous said...

Sizzle! How fun to see you here! :-)

I'm guessing the Intervention conclusions aren't always happy endings, right?

Jenn said...

I don't like the show because it's frustrating. I feel bad for the people with addictions, but not being in their position, I don't understand why they can't see how badly they need help and just do it. Then again, I can't seem to stay away from chocolate...

Anonymous said...

These are your containers, right? You didn't accidentally borrow them from Amanda and forget to return, that would be wrong.

Laurie said...

Yea, that coupon thing is just wrong. It's messing with people who have genuine problems. I required an intervention RIGHT IN THE STORE, from strangers. It's sad, sad.