Thursday, March 12, 2009

Started a new book---look over there ----->

I know 99.99% of you are going to say "Whaaat? She doesn't ever read stuff like that. Now, her sister on the other hand...." I saw this author on some show recently and requested the book from the library that day. I picked it up yesterday and started it last night. I think I'll just be reading it during the day. I'm only about 30 pages in, and it's not nearly as graphic as it could be, but it still is a bit creepy late at night reading it next to a window.

The thing that makes this book not so hard to read is it's really a history of serial murder and forensic science-- not chapter after chapter of names, dates and gruesome details. The author has quite a few other books I'll probably read-- the list looks pretty interesting.

Last Sunday I got a new kitty, and she is really something. She's really well-behaved, is kind of funny, and is SO affectionate. She's a stray from Utah, and got a ride here with a friend of a friend. She's probably about 18 months old, maybe two years. She chatters pretty regularly, especially when there are dogs on tv. She's also a jumper, which I'm working on. All my cats have been jumpers, and I'm sure it's because she's still pretty young, but it's been so long since any of my cats jumped up on counters and tables that I'm not really used to it. She's definitely a lap cat--she's around me pretty much all the time, and when I change rooms, so does she. I don't have a definite name for her yet-- there are three I'm considering and am just waiting to see if any of them fit.

There. Now I'm good for another week.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

She's cute!

Laurie said...

I think you should name her Laurie.

Anonymous said...

Nice try, Laurie.

Anonymous said...

I think your kitty is very cute. I am glad you got one.

Anonymous said...

i think you should name her Kat. hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Blogeois said...

Yippee for new kitties!