Saturday, April 11, 2009

It took a little while to recover, but I'm good now.

Yesterday I did my first sub job in a classroom-- and it was a first grade classroom at the school I was at for the last 9 years. It was really pretty fun, but I was definitely glad when the bell rang and we said goodbye! When I first started teaching sooooo many years ago, I taught first grade for five or six years (who can remember that long ago? I'd have to look at my scrapbook to know for sure). First graders are funny. For the most part, they do what you say. And when they don't, it's really hard to get upset with them. They are just so darn cute.

I forgot how restricted the classroom schedule is. In the library, I could take my lunch when it was convenient, I could add a little time on to my lunch if I want to stay in the lounge and talk to each team when they come in, I could go to the restroom pretty much whenever I need to. Not so in the classroom-- you really gotta watch that clock.

I'm going back Tuesday to the same class-- and looking forward to it.

No comments: