Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Today, many of my acquaintances have what may be called The Wednesday Blues, for tomorrow marks the first day back to work after a summer of no school. While I don't miss getting back into that routine of rising early in the morning, choosing work clothes, getting to school on time and being exhausted at the end of the day, I do miss the energy that comes with the start of the school year. Even though the kids don't return until Aug 24, there's catching up to do and a sense of "we're all in this together". I do really miss that feeling, but certainly not enough to get a teaching job!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to look at a kitten that I may consider bringing home. I would hope that a companion would help my current cat realize that she's not the center of the universe and chewing on all things paper around the house is not behavior becoming of a pet. I am just looking tomorrow-- nothing beyond that is planned, but if this is a sweet cuddly cat... we'll see. She's about four months old and her coloring is really unique.

Here, kitty kitty.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Not until August 24th? My coworker's kid just went back to school today... she's in a different county, but I didn't think there would be such a difference.