Sunday, May 27, 2012

Even though I've been retired for four years now, my life still feels like it runs on a school schedule. Next week is the last week of school for my district, and I have to admit I feel an anticipation of the end of next week, and the start of summer "break" the week after. 

Things I miss about teaching
  • reading out loud
  • the first week of school, setting routines and introducing the kids to how we will run the classroom
  • the half hour before kids come in the door every day (quiet, peaceful)
  • hugs every day
  • getting notes from the kids here and there
  • writing on the chalkboard (I know, weird)
  • timed multiplication fact tests (again, I know, weird)
  • reading out loud
  • Book Fair
Things I don't miss about teaching
  • staff meetings
  • parents who take responsibility for their children's poor choices
  • district meetings
  • PTA meetings
  • making a lunch every day
  • Sunday evenings

No comments: