Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I didn't get home til about 6:30 tonight. I know for many people that's the regular time they get home, but not me. We had a staff meeting (for the love of all that is good and decent, please stop making us look at csap data!) then I stopped by the Big Chain Bookstore to pick up membership materials (to hand out at my school) for a reading organization I'm in. This year instead of just mailing the packets to us, they are having a couple of dates around town that we can go pick them up. It was certainly worth the stop-- they had pastries (I was famished), and we got a ticket for a free drink of our choice at the store's Very Expensive Coffee Place, and a coupon for 5.00 off any purchase at the store. Now that's what I call taking care of us.

Someone at the "meet and greet" this afternoon asked me how I liked the new principal. When I said he was great, she said "He's got a teacher's heart". That sums him up so well. She also said "Did you know he's a great writer". Who knew? After the staff mtg I was talking to the kdg teacher about anything we might do to help the kdg start setting the stage for writing/readng skills our schools seems to be lacking in csap-wise. We got on a tangent and she mentioned almost all her boys this year have absolutely no self-confidence/esteem. Our principal is coming to her class on Friday to sing and dance with the kids so they can see that men do those things too, which might help those boys step out of their comfort zone. I kept trying to imagine our previous principal dancing and singing with the kids. There's no way. that's not even something I could visualize.

Tonight I really have needed to pick up around here--B is coming to feed the kitcat on Saturday and I at least want my piles put away! I've done a so-so job--I'm just not that motivated. The kit-cat is snoozing on the couch and I want to join her.

No comments: