Monday, September 11, 2006

This picture will be our final project cake--which we won't do in class, we're just learning all the techniques. See that blue bird? We're doing that next week with something called color flow icing. I really don't care to learn how to make that bird. I want to give that bird the bird.

This cake class on a Monday night thing isn't all that great. I have to admit, these days I'd be perfectly happy curled up at home on the couch with a movie, or a book, or a magazine, or just nothing. I LIKE being a slug with my cat on my lap. Especially when it's chilly and rainy like it is tonight.

While the class is fun and I'm learning how to make flowers and two other kinds of icing that I'm sure I'll use one of these days, I'm not really as enthusiastic a participant as I was when it was on a Sunday afternoon. Tonight there were only three of us. The class is supposed to be 5-7 pm, and at 5:15 B and I were the only ones there. No instructor (not a shock, she's ALWAYS late) and no other people. I vote for taking the last class up on my end of town. In January.

How bad is it that I want to take a sick day and we've only been in school three weeks?

No comments: