Friday, December 01, 2006

Okay--it's official.I'm an idiot.

Now, I'm not exactly illiterate when it comes to technology. But I guess now I am. Or maybe my brain is fried. Today I was talking to our tech person at school about not having a computer at home since mid-October, and how a friend loaned me a laptop and I can use it at Panera, etc... then she asked me..."Why don't you just plug it into the cable modem you have at home?" So that's what I did and that's where I am right now. I'm getting used to using the tracker ball instead of a mouse--that's an adjustment--but I'm online at home. Hooray.

Dress rehearsal was last night--this show is so good! I wish more people I knew would come and see it--especially my family and people at school. After the show the cast all comes out and finds the people that came to support them, I usually stay backstage and putter around. One of my volunteer moms is coming with two friends on Sunday. She's actually come to every one of the shows I've worked on. She's also the one that loaned me this computer! I think I need to take good care of her this Christmas!

Yesterday my oldest niece called to tell me my dad and stepmom want to stop doing Christmas stockings this year, and that she and my sister think that's a good idea and was that okay. While I wanted to say "WHAT?!?!?!?" I said "Well, I guess so, if that's what everyone wants". I didn't mean it, but whatever. There was actually a little more discussion, but that was the gist of it. I know why everyone wants to, but I really didn't want to. Last year we talked about everyone bringing one or two little things to put in stockings so the cost was spread out and I thought that was a great idea. My mom stopped doing stockings for my sister and I long long ago--I didn't like that either! It's never been about "the stocking" and what's in it For me, it always made me feel like I was my parent's little daughter, instead of A Daughter.My family really isn't exactly the Beaver Cleaver sort-- but I guess the stockings made me feel more like that. I know it's silly--but I can have my own opinion.This year--I'm making a stocking for myself.

Tonight is opening night for our show--I guess I should go get home things done so I can leave for the theatre.Break a leg!

No comments: