Thursday, January 25, 2007

I woke up this morning with what feels like the stomach flu. Not severe or anything--but I've had a headache and my stomach has been upset all day. Just when I feel like I am getting over the first round of crud, along comes something new. I'll probably go to bed here pretty soon--laying in bed just sounds so much nicer than staying up.

Before I go to bed I have to do something I am dreading so so so much. I have put it off for a long time now, but last night I realized I really needed to do this. Bleh. I have to set a mousetrap. Or two. For quite awhile I've seen evidence of mice, but last night I finally saw the actual mouse. I'm guessing there is more than one, but who knows. My neighbor has them as well, but her cats catch them. Me? I have to break some little mouse's back and dump it in the trash outside when I find it the next day. I have stressed about this all day long. Bleh. I think my cat is either too old to want to catch them, or else they stay out of sight under the sink and behind the washer and she isn't able to get at them. She does sit and stare at the base of the cupboards and the washer, so I know she knows it's there. Man, I am so dreading getting up tomorrow and checking the trap. And I really do not want to be sitting in the living room and hear "snap!" at some point. I suppose after a few it might not be as bad, but that first one...yeah, that one is going to be memorable.

No comments: