Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm at the public library reading blogs. My link list doesn't show up when I look at my blog at school, which I really shouldn't be doing anyway. It's been quite awhile since I've read blogs, and after reading them this afternoon I'm a little surprised by how infrequently people are posting anymore. I know I haven't been, due to no computer, but it seems that most people are down to every few days or so.

Yesterday was my birthday-- and while I would rather have been on some island someplace drinking something with an umbrella in it, school was okay (at least til the end of the day). RR, RH, ET, my aide-- thanks for the nice gifties waiting for me when I arrived. Very thoughtful. B and I went out to dinner and had a nice time, and he gave me a couple of dvds he heard me say I wanted, and two tickets to see West Side Story up at the Big College on the Hill in March. The theatre tickets were a big surprise-- I had mentioned a couple of weeks ago I'd like to go. We probably would've gone anyway, but to get the tickets for a gift was very much appreciated.

I'm going to pick up my computer tonight--it's been kind of frustrating finally getting it delivered to the store for pickup. I don't think I'll be buying anything at BB ever again. The price was great, but I'm paying in frustration and annoyance. I don't mind paying a little more in the future for less frustration.

Work has been super frustrating lately. To top it off, yesterday I feel like I got blindsided by something that caught me completely off guard and left me confused and second-guessing myself and my program at school. My knee jerk reaction was to immediately get online and start looking for library jobs at other schools, but with only a year (or two or so) left in teaching, I wasn't sure I really wanted to put all that effort into starting over someplace else. I talked to our principal about it a little today and have an appointment with him on Friday to sort things out. The sorting out part is mostly for me-- he's really pretty good at putting things into perspective, and that's what I need right now.

Okay, I think I'm caught up. Your turn.

No comments: