Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday, Friday, Friday is my favorite day.... Except it's summer break, so every day seems like Friday.

This afternoon I'm meeting some silly people from school and a former silly person from school for lunch. We were supposed to get together about a month ago but you know how that goes, things happen, we get busy, people pass away, you know... stuff like that.

Last night I volunteered at the front desk of the ACenter--which is my favorite thing to do there. I saw someone I went to high school with, also saw a parent from school,--that's why I like doing the front desk. I always seem to see someone I haven't seen for awhile.

When I volunteer at the desk I always take a book or something because for the first 40 mins or so it's really slow and nothing much is happening. I work the will call desk where people pick up tickets they've ordered over the phone. Since the show starts at 7:30, it doesn't really get hopping til around 7:00. Last night I took a book I needed to read for school--it's on an award list and I'll be book talking it for the kids. About 3/4 way through the book I could feel some tears starting so thought I'd wait til I got home to finish it. After about ten minutes I couldn't stand it so finished the book. It was SO good! The ending did make me cry--it was a perfect ending. Absolutely perfect. A very quick read, and such a great story. And it's by an author that most kids and teachers love. The thing is.... I don't know if I will tell anyone about it for awhile, because I want to do a book study using this book with some kids this year and I don't want the teachers to read it out loud until after a book study.

This weekend we have tickets to shows on both Sat and Sunday--it's ridiculous. By the end of the month we will have seen five shows. One of them is my favorite musical evah. Although I have quite a few favorites, this one has been a favorite for a long, long long time. Think you know what it is? Leave a comment. After ten comments , I'll tell you if you're right. I don't think I've ever had ten comments for anything--so you may never get the right answer!!

4 comments:

Spencer said...

ok...i'll take the bait ;) the bad thing is, i don't know which one to put down. i know these are among yer favorites:

les miserables
sweeney todd
wicked
south pacific

ONE of those has to be right!

cb said...

Tsk, tsk, Spencer. Only one guess per person! Want to try again?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have NO idea but I'm trying to search by brain for what it was you said you were seeing this weekend (trying to cheat here) but I just can't recall since you also talked about what you'd already seen. So...I'm going to say....Taffetas. Don't even know if that's a musical!

Laurie said...

Joseph.


And, for gods sake, e-mail me the name of the damn book already.

xoxox