Sunday, August 26, 2007

Where'd the weekend go? I know it was just here a minute ago.

I was so happy to see Friday finally arrive. I was out the door at school not 10 minutes after the bell rang, and on my way home. There's a lot going on at school and I was glad to leave it behind for a few days.

Yesterday we drove down to Colo Springs to visit a music store B had just been to the day before on Friday. He's been looking for a new ukulele and has been to I don't know how many places---playing them, talking to people who know about them, researching online. I guess he finally found one he wanted, so we went back down to purchase it. The drive down took forever--it's a good 60 or more miles, but took nearly two hours. After we left the music store (we were there nearly two hours while he played a few of them and was still deciding) we went to Garden of the Gods (that's the photo) and walked a path through the park. It was really beautiful and there were some rock climbers here and there that were interesting to watch. After that we headed to Manitou Springs ("quaint" historic town--now full of touristy shops) and walked around for awhile. It was getting late in the day (around 6:00) and everything was closing up, unfortunately.

B still has the little lost cat we found last weekend. I think he's going to try to do something about it today. I almost told him last night that I'd go ahead and take it, but I didn't and I'm kind of glad I didn't. I don't know what's going to happen to the little guy but I hope he finds a good home eventually.

No comments: