Monday, June 23, 2008

Feeling a little out of sorts tonight. This reason, that reason, nothing really specific, just a little of this and that. I'll blame it on the solstice.

Headed to B&N to pick up a book tonight--not that I needed one since I have several waiting to be read, but after reading Jenniy's post about the new Janet E. book, I wanted to have it to read tomorrow. I don't really like to buy books, especially hardcovers, because I read them fairly quickly and then don't want to store them when I'm done. I'm not one of those people that has shelves of books they love--I either give them away or drop them at the thrift store. I usually get them at the library, but I'd be number 300 something on the list so will give up the bucks for it. I got it for 40% off, so it's not as bad as it could be.

This afternoon I talked to one of the teachers at school confirming a scrapbooking day we're doing this week, and she told me about a call she got from one of the first grade teachers. This teacher had been told something pretty inconsiderate by someone in supposed authority, and she was calling G to ask about it. Now this other teacher does have some issues with parents, and with classroom management, but as far as I know she has never been offered any kind of help by those in authority. Those in authority just shake their heads and say "oh my". And now she's been told that none of the parents in the upcoming class want their children in her class. Even if that were true, (and the "none of the parents" is a big, fat clue that it can't be 100% true), it doesn't seem very kind to say that to someone.

One more thing to add to the list of Reasons I'm Glad I Don't Have to Return to The Wonder School.

No comments: