Monday, July 14, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

Okay, not really, but it was sort of like work. A good friend of mine is the new library teacher at the school I used to teach at, and I've been helping her with getting the library ready. I spent two days there a few weeks ago, and six hours helping today. She's a real go-getter, and probably has a touch of OCD because when she gets an idea, she has to work on it NOW. She has recruited lots of friends to help, and thank goodness because she's doing things like painting her office, and moving every single book in the entire collection into a new, improved location. She's got good instincts, and when she showed me the plan for the new location of everything I have to admit I was impressed. Fortunately, I'm not doing any of the manual labor. I'm doing all the computer work that the last library teacher should have done before she left and didn't. We've weeded nearly 400 materials from the collection-- and it was very much needed. I keep forgetting to take my camera-- since school has been out I don't ever seem to have my camera with me.

Best part of the week: The Mamma Mia movie opens on Friday! We're buying tickets early and are going opening night. And I'd better not hear "Sorry, we're all out of tickets".

No comments: