Monday, May 11, 2009

While I was in Minneapolis we went on a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi River. The boat had to go through a lock--which was really kind of fascinating. In this photo the boat is getting ready to head to the lower part of the river. You can see the walls on the side are wet--that's because we were just lowered 60 feet from where we started. Really pretty interesting to watch.
Yesterday was the Loud Bryant Family Mother's Day Festivities at Tired Amanda's House. We didn't start until 4 p.m., so even though we spent the same amount of time together as usual, it felt way longer since we left around 7 p.m. It was fun, the food was pretty good, and I was really tired when we got back to my place. I was glad I didn't have to go to work today. These are the times I love being retired--when I have a late night or a busy day and don't have to go to work the next day. THAT is the great thing about retirement.

Mmmm.. banana pudding. Or rather "Nanner Puddin'" When Katie announced she had a surprise --and told us she made banana pudding again, everyone clapped and cheered. Amanda kept insisting that "banana pudding was an INGREDIENT and couldn't be the name of the dessert!". We told her to just hush up.


"Only one paper plate per person! The goal is to have as few dishes to wash as possible!"


My family is crazy. And so are Amanda's dogs. Here one of them (I can never tell them apart) pawing crazily at the tv screen because there's some animal on it. We made Amanda rewind it three of four times because it was so funny.

3 comments:

Nell said...

That's Harley. Lola gets mad when he does that.

Laurie said...

That Amanda. She cracks me up.

katie said...

yeah, harley is the crazy one. i want some Nanner Puddin'.