Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I could have gone my entire life without allergies and been perfectly content.

It's been about five or so years now that I have been the recipient of seasonal allergy symptoms--and for the past few weeks it's been very noticeable. I'm not congested, but I have a terrible sinus headache pretty much all the time, a runny nose, a dry, persistent cough and am fatigued most of the day. I'm glad I'm not stuffed up because to me that would be way worse, but I'm ready to be done with all of this. There is a sea of cottonwood fluff outside my carport door--seriously, a SEA of it. It's probably ten feet long, three feet wide and three inches tall. For some reason leaves, fluff, dirt all accumulate in the Bermuda Triangle of my back door area

Here's what I haven't been doing lately:

--reading (because usually within about ten minutes of starting, I'm dozing)
--working out (really, coughing the whole time, and with a sinus headache? No.)
--cleaning house (blech)
--getting up before 9 a.m. (give me a reason why I should)
--going to bed before 12:45 a.m. (see above)

Tonight I have tickets to go see Rent. I.can't.wait. I love this show--and two of the original cast members are traveling with the tour, so that's a treat.

Time for a nap.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't think of a single reason why you should be getting up before 9:00. Well. Guilt? Empathy?

Jenn said...

I've always been allergic to animals, but 5-6 years ago I suddenly became allergic to everything. Animals and dust is the worst for me, even places I had been all the time (my parents basement) became almost off limits practically overnight, it was so weird. The itchy eyes and constant sneezing is bad enough, but the worst for me is when it affects my lungs and makes it difficult to breath.