Monday, December 25, 2006

I like Christmas just fine, but I'm glad it's over for another year. Too much running from this place to that place and too much food out that I don't need to eat. And I'll bet I can top most of your family stories. Tonight we're all at my dad's and things were kind of winding down, and he gets a phone call from his work. Did I mention he works for a mortuary and is on call to pick up dead bodies? It sounded like someone in a nursing home had passed away and he had to leave to go pick up the body. Anybody else got a Christmas story? Hmmmm. Go ahead. Tell.

Last night I went to a midnight mass at a Catholic church downtown to hear the choir sing. B has just recently started singing with this choir--it's a paid job, including rehearsals. He's only just joined them-- two rehearsals then sang Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. I almost didn't go because I was tired and it WAS midnight after all. Turns out the mass wasn't over til nearly 2 a.m.--I was so tired by the time I got home. I am SO glad I went. The choir was unbelievable-- the acoustics in the church made them sound so amazing. There were only about 14 of them but it sounded like 50. The very last piece they did was at the end of the service when people were making their way out, and it was the Hallelujah Chorus. The neat thing was that only the back few rows left-- everyone else stayed and turned to look up at the choir loft and watch and enjoy. And everyone applauded when they finished. I walked to the front of the church because that's the best place to see all the way up there--there were all kinds of people standing in the aisle watching and listening--it was such a neat feeling to be a part of all that. Like I said, I was so so so glad I went.

No comments: