Monday, December 18, 2006

What a nice day in the library today. My schedule was lighter than usual and I got more than my fair share of cleaning and organizing done. The tables/shelf behind the check -out desk looked like piles and piles of clutter and disorganized junk. I tend to move stuff to a pile when I need the space the stuff is on, and while this clears the first space, it creates piles of other stuff to be dealt with later. As I'm sure you can all attest, "later" takes its own sweet time in coming.

Today I figured out who has been my wonderful Secret Santa at school. I was completely surprised--and without today's SO obvious clue I still wouldn't have figured it out. My S.S. did leave great clues every day, but I guess I didn't know enough about this person to put it all together. This person has taken very good care of me this year-- and I won't be revealing their name to you until after tomorrow afternoon when we have our "party" at school. Wow, that was one long sentence.

We had a little mishap with SS this year, it was fixed pretty easily, but a little challenging for one day. We started giving secret gifts on Monday, and on Wednesday one of the teachers caught me in the hall and said she didn't want tocomplain, but she hadn't gotten anything all week (after three days). One day is understandable, a person forgets, is gone, whatever. Most of us try to make sure that our person is taken care of even if we are absent, but things do happen. I thought I knew who her person was because I knew someone had been gone for two days...but not on the first day. So I talked to CR in the office and she said she would call the absent person and see if it was her. In a few minutes she comes to tell me this person DID leave something for their person, and someone else had taken it out of the mailbox by mistake, thinking it was theirs. Fortunately CR knew exactly who had taken it because she had shown it to the office people and said how cute it was. So I went to this person and said, "Um...You know that _______ you got on Monday? I need it back--it actually belongs to someone else". A little awkward, but she was so understanding. As it turns out the Secret Santa person was out ALL week--but finally had her husband bring the other gifties over so there would be something every day. I tell you, I was a little crazy after that day.Everyone seems to be having a fun time with it all this year, though!

Poor Rose is sick sick sick-- maybe strep. I hope she feels better tomorrow-- she's leaving for TN on Wednesday night and that won't be any fun to fly and feel like that. All I can say is... Airborne, Airborne, Airborne.

No comments: