Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back home again---and glad I have the rest of this week off fromn work

CP and I were guilted into staying around for the NY Eve pajama party with MG's friends. It was fun--they were easy to talk to and we all had a great time. The food was great-- a couple of the things I'd definitely try myself here at home. CP and I said our goodnights about 12:30, after we'd officially welcomed in the New Year.

On Monday MG dropped us off at the Capitol Building and CP and I waited in line to view President Ford's casket. There was a delay at one point--the line had been moving pretty steadily, then stopped completely for about 15 -20 minutes. The security people came around and told us the delay was because the former presidents had arrived and were viewing. Once we finally got in it moved pretty quickly--I wish they had let us walk more slowly to really take it all in. It was very solemn, and the soldiers guarding the casket were like statues--it was amazing. As we left the viewing, the Ford grandchildren were there thanking everyone for coming.

Time to go get ready for the day.

No comments: