Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm sick of coughing!

Tonight I tried to go do something I knew would make me feel better--I went to get a massage. I was really looking forward to it because I asked the receptionist to schedule me with someone that gets a lot of requests, and she said there was someone that normally doesn't have same day appts available, but had a cancellation, which happened to be at a perfect time for me. We finally called it quits after only 20 minutes--I kept coughing, and coughing, and coughing. We tried having me lay on my side hugging a pillow, but nothing was helping. They were nice enough to not charge me for the visit-- and I left a tip for her anyway since she had a session that she didn't get paid for.I was so disappointed! I stopped at the grocery store to get some soup for tomorrow and the coughing was the worst ever. My guess is the little tiny massage I did get started to loosen up the crud but still tough to stand there hacking up a lung.

Work has been non-interesting this week. Not boring, just non-interesting. It's so hard to read outloud or talk to the kids for any length of time when I'm coughing so much. The teacher that had the unfortunate volleyball accident on our first day back isn't doing so well. I've talked to her a couple of times, and she has to go see a neurologist. I still feel so awful about running into her.

You know what really sounds good right now-- a big bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy.Or mac and cheese. Or anything loaded with carbs (except fruit) and starch. Yeah, the food of illness.

No comments: