Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ah... Sunday. But today will be busy.

Funny Laurie and I are spending the whole day and into the night scrapbooking-- who needs the Sooper Bohl, anyway? I am reasonably organized this time--I have my pictures in some semblance of order, and I only taking the other supplies I really need. We are sharing a table with two other people, which means we will have half the space we usually have. Normally we have a whole table to ourselves, which also means we have the chair next to us to put things on as well. Today will be a little cramped, but hopefully our table mates will be decent.

Last night we watched Whale Rider-- I've been wanting to see it for years and just never did. It was great-- I really liked the gal who played the lead. The scenery was beautiful--it was in new Zealand. We also watched Sense and Sensibility-- B had just read the book recently so wanted to see how it compared. While the movie really is great, the book is better (as it usually is). I am bothered by the trend to make popular children's books into movies--there seems to be quite a plethora of them in recent and upcoming years. A couple of problems I have with it is that the movies are SO rarely as good as the book (there are a few exceptions) and also once kids see the movie, then read the book, they usually don't care for the book. Stuart Little is a perfect example. The book is a classic-- and such a great story. The movie is funny, and modern, and really isn't much like the book at all. If kids haven't read the book yet, I can't get them to read it.

I want to go on vacation. Prospects-- not likely. But sometimes things just happen, you know.

No comments: