Monday, May 14, 2007

Today after school we had a meeting and learned some things coming down the proverbial pike for us next year--and I'm one of the integral people affected by increased workload (training, responsibility, etc..) When I left I felt so overwhelmed-- and a little depressed. Communication and tolerance seem to be in short supply among our staff at the moment. There was kind of a row (for the uninformed, that's pronounced like "ow") in the lounge today about an issue that seemed so obvious to everyone but one person. Annoyed doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. And if next year is more of the same, I'm not really interested in training and increased responsibility in trying to get people to do what they are supposed to be doing.

I met buddy boy down at the Cherreee Crick Mall to bum around--he was headed to a shaving store (who knew there WAS such a thing) and I just wanted to go do something. By the time I got there I was uber-tired (lack of sleep last night) and overwhelmed from the earlier meeting. We found the shaving store, he looked at shaving brushes that cost $180 (again, WHO knew?) and we headed to dinner. We sat and talked forever-- 1) because it started to pour rain, and there was major thunder and lightning, and 2) it was just nice to sit and talk.

Today I was in the middle of teaching a class and the phone on the desk started ringing. I always just let it ring, but one of the aides went and answered it. He lays the phone down, walks over and leans in to me (remember, I'm TEACHING) and says "The office said there was just a big delivery of math stuff and they want to know where you want it". I looked him right in the eye and said "I don't care where they put it. I'm teaching". Honestly-- sometimes I just want to roll my eyes like the fifth graders do. I probably do sometimes and don't even realize it.

No comments: