Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back in the saddle again.....

Yawn......

Getting back in the routine of a working day is challenging. Choosing clothes, finding food/snacks to take for the day, making sure I leave on time.

Today was... okay. By the end of the day I felt overwhelmed by the realization of all that will be expected by the end of August. My principal seems excited, almost giddy, at the idea of getting teachers and kids headed in this direction. I just feel tired. So many meetings already (today was the first day back for the teachers)--and more to come this week. I had three meetings today. I had one yesterday, I have one tomorrow and another on Thursday. I have a training all morning on Friday, and then we are training our staff on Monday. Toward the end of Meeting One this morning, Principal Man kept saying something about "We really do all this because of the kids and making a difference in kids' lives.. All the data, all the testing, everything-- it doesn't really mean anything if we haven't made a difference in their lives".

Brrring, brrrring... brrrring, brrrring.. "Hello? Superintendent's office? We have a message for you".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfect picture for how I feel too. Good stuff, but a lot of talking!

cb said...

Way too much talking. But I think there's more coming. A lot more.