Saturday, December 15, 2007

I guess it's been a pretty uneventful week, since I haven't had much to say.

Friday was memorable--I got yelled at by a parent while helping direct traffic out front in the morning. We get comments all the time, but this was over the line. I took his license plate number and I'm hoping they call the sheriff about him. Reading what I just wrote about it. it looks like it wasn't really a big deal, but it was a big deal. It ruined my morning, it took me til noon to not keep thinking about it. You know, we're all trying to do what we think is right when dealing with parents and we don't ever say what we'd really like to say ("How about getting to school on time, buddy, then you wouldn't have to be in such a traffic mess?" "Have you ever thought about how stressful it is for your kid to fly out of the car and up the sidewalk and start their day in tears because this is the 35th time he's late?" "How about trying something a little more nutritious than poptarts for breakfast sometimes?"). And you know what? There's thirty of you telling us how to do our job (when a lot of you crapped out in school anyway) and only one of us, so lay off it once in awhile.

One more week til we all get a little break from each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should write a book of what we'd like to say to parents but can't. Wouldn't that be a good one? Get off our backs already!