Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I know people do it all the time, but I find it challenging to type with a laptop on my lap.

There's only one word for today: weird. Last week I offered the library for the area principals to use for a meeting this morning. I was looking forward to some down time in the library since they would be meeting in there. There are lots of drawers to clean out, shelves to organize... like usual. So this morning at 7:25 there's an all call for me to come to the office. The principal lets me know it will be a closed meeting--I can't be in there at all. I'm sure the look on my face said volumes. After I gathered my thoughts and kept myself from slapping him upside the head, I told him I was still going to come in at some point and get the things I needed for a class I was teaching later that morning. I basically wandered around the halls awhile, got a laptop and sat in the hall and read email...what a wasted morning. My aide couldn't check in or shelve any books-- we pulled the return box out in the hall. I guess in retrospect I should have gone to some classrooms to see if I could help with anything. And since I couldn't get into the library, it took me until almost 10:00 to discover the beautiful vase of flowers RR left for me on the desk. They were probably there before school, but I flew in, then went to do my a.m. duty then was told Do Not Enter. So a very belated thank you to my very special friend.

Today I went to four different car washes and they were all closed. I desperately needed my windows all washed--I couldn't see out any of the side windows on either side. Too many big splashed by passing cars when the snow was melting last week. After the fourth stop, I finally got my half-full container of washer fluid and poured it on a window, and washed it with newspapers I had in the back seat. Not great, but functional.

I'm ready for some warm weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they brightened your day, at least a little. =) I actually ran to my car to get them after you were already in my room for our meeting. Then, they called you to the office and I thought for sure you saw me coming in with them as you were walking back. I snuck them into the LIC right before the Big P meeting started. sneaky... i am. hehe...

Anonymous said...

The car washes are closed because it's like -47 degrees. I am so sick of the cold!

cb said...

I am so sick of the cold as well. I don't mind cold (but not FREEZING cold) every now and then--I actually like the "winter" feeling sometimes, but this is ridiculous.