Saturday, February 09, 2008

I've been spending some time browsing around for quotes. I like to use them in my scrapbooks. Tonight I found some that have some meaning for other reasons:

-All things are difficult before they are easy.

-In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.

-You can't mend a broken heart. You can stitch the wounds, but the scars last forever.

In other news, I discovered that my job is being advertised next week. Nothing like jumping right to it. Actually it's probably good, because the longer they wait, the less the chance of getting a strong candidate. I got a look at the draft of the job description--I actually asked if I could see, for the sole purpose of seeing if something was added that they don't think I'm doing. So far, so good. But when I read the description, I was overwhelmed at what my job really entails. It was a lot.

I got my packet of paperwork for retirement in the mail today. So many decisions-- annuity or lump sum, health insurance, rolling over sick leave payout, it all makes me have a headache.

I guess I'm just not really prepared for all of this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hell you aren't.

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!I am not prepared for this either!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Any why haven't I been asked to be on the interview committee???? PFT!!!

Hey, like all the extra punctuation? =) That probably drives you crazy like it does me. I just figured I'd be extra annoying tonight. hehe...

Jenn said...

Yay! Retirement! Only what... 40 years to go for me?? Or more if the stock market doesn't improve ;)