Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I finished that book of the moment last night. I did enjoy the second half of the book more than the first half, but found myself skimming a lot of it to find out what happens at the end. I thought the "confrontation" scene between Bella and James was way too short-- I have a feeling in the movie it will be a little more drawn out. I am looking forward to the movie--as is every high school-aged girl in the world, I'm guessing. There will also be sighing and much wishing to be Bella, I'm also guessing.

Because I'm hungry, I'm posting a recipe that I want to make. I won't be using the oven til it cools down (tomorrow is predicted to be 101 degrees-- enough already!!) but this one sounds yummy. I know there are a ton of variations on this one, I have a few myself, but this one has bacon AND potatoes AND cheese--how can you beat that??? I'm thinking one of those little cans of diced green chiles would be good to throw in as well. Mmmmmmm.

Amish Breakfast Casserole

  • 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
  • 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
  • 6 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
  • 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese

Directions:

In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.



On Bossy's blog today she posted a challenge and a giveaway-- summarize your favorite movie in exactly ten words. The post was prompted by her asking her daughter (I think the daughter is around twelve years old) what HSM was about. the daughter's reply was funny to read--and sounded so like a twelve year old. Most of the ten-word summaries were just okay, but here are a few of my favorites:

You don't see this coming, but Bruce Willis is dead.

Girl escapes Kansas with dog, makes friends, finds fabulous shoes.

Seven girls kidnapped and impregnated by seven backwoodsy dancing brothers.

It's just like High School Musical but with more Travolta.

Brad Pitt. Then Brad Pitt shirtless. Then Brad Pitt naked.

Fredo went against the family. Bad boat ride.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two jailbirds. Andy escapes. Money is in the rock wall.

(Man that was hard!)

Anonymous said...

That movie was mentioned a couple of times-- I love it, too.

Spencer said...

goes to big apple to hustle. finds a friend instead.

Laurie said...

That's fun! It almost makes me wish that I had EVER SEEN A MOVIE. Seriously. I only have a guess at a couple of those. The others? No clue. That's just sad.

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing about Twilight. I was left wanting a little more when it ended. I guess that is the point of a series though. My niece (who is 15)desperately wants to be Bella. She is in LOVE with Edward Cullen. So silly. and cute.

Anonymous said...

I think the book is probably really appealing to girls aged 12-15 or so. Although I think 12 is a bit young for the book. In the movie Edward is going to be played by the actor who was Cedric Diggory in the HP movies. The trailers look pretty good--so I'm pretty sure I'll go see the movie.