Friday, August 15, 2008

Brrr. It's been a chilly, wet, drizzly day all day. I heard there was some major thunder and lightning in the dark hours of the night, but I must have slept right through them. I'm liking to chill and the wet, but I was out in it for a good part of the day and didn't like that so much.

Today I went to lend support at a garage/estate sale. It was pretty much the contents of my stepmom's mother's home. There was a lot of stuff. A lot of old stuff, a lot of collected stuff. I don't know that I was much help, but I was there to help if the occasion arose. I mostly sat on the porch on an old, low, velvet-covered foot stool type thing. When I got too cold I sat in the garage on an old, low, velvet covered footstool-type thing. When even that was too cold I went inside and went to the basement for a bit. And down there...a lot of stuff. Unfortunately, because of the chill and the drizzle, there weren't as many lookie-loos as you usually get at a yard sale. Hopefully they'll get more tomorrow, but I just checked and it's supposed to be chilly tomorrow, too.

Best thing about the weather? I'm digging out the flannel jammie pants tonight. Looking forward to sitting on the couch, watching the Olympics and munching some snacks. I'd like to open the window a bit so I could hear the rain, but it's way too cold.

I guess I'd better go to the store and get some snacks. And maybe some hard lemonade. Mmmmm.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Why doncha getcherself a velvet footstool?

Anonymous said...

If only I could.....

Anonymous said...

She can't because they are in my living room now.