Sunday, October 12, 2008

Last night we got together to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday-- I was really looking forward to it because all these people never (and I mean never) get together for anything. It was my sister and I and our respective peeps, and my dad and step-mom and her respective peeps (my two stepbrothers and their families). I got there late due to some unexpected delays at the airport--really not a big deal but it was stressing me out. Then I walk in and realize I had forgotten to bring the gift my step-mom was giving to my dad-- and I thought I was going to have a meltdown. I didn't, but not only was I late, now I had forgotten something important that I had been reminded of and still forgot. It put a definite damper on the evening for me, but it was still pretty fun. I wish my nephew would have come, though.





I love this picture of my sister and her oldest daughter, my silly niece.
**NOTE** the new camera--because "she's a photographer now".





And here's my "What am I? Chopped liver?" picture.


My dad and Amanda and Katie--such a great pic.

One thing I did discover at the party-- even if you're in your mid-50's, it still hurts to be called "that big, fat lady" by a kid. Especially when you've got two kids waiting for you at the bathroom door when you come out just to make sure you know that's what they are calling you.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

You have to wonder if that's what the OTHER Elvis would look like, had he survived...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the kids said that. Wait, let me remember who I'm talking about. Yes I can believe it.

I wish we could have stayed the whole time.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe they said it either. It was not a fun way to end the night.