Friday, October 08, 2010

Life is just too tough at the moment. Bad news here, sad news there. Wondering where all the friends I've had over the last few years have gone.

It's become blatantly obvious that if I don't do the calling, emailing, planning.... they aren't going to do it, so at the moment you feel nonexistent. Your email and phone work just as well as mine. The last seven months have been the hardest of my life, and I could have used a phone call, a card, some indication that you even noticed. Guess I'm more invisible than I thought. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Not always. Absence makes you invisible.

I need a break. A vacation. Something different, that's for sure. Not gonna happen for a few months, but after that, I'm gone for awhile. Might be just holed up in a cabin in the mountains, but I need a change of scenery. I know several other people who could use a new view. Too many to count, probably. I wish we all could get away for awhile.

And I wish everyone I knew had health insurance.