Friday, November 12, 2010

Oy. Over a month. Got a post simmering, but will get to it in a few days. I was looking at some photos my sister took at what used to be my grandmother's house in what I now think is an odd location in Denver. I have so many wonderful memories of that house and my grandmother, I want to write a little about them.

I am about a third way through my third year of retirement, and I have to say I am very happy to be retired now. It took awhile, but I am grateful not to have to endure the expectations and requirements that are dumped on teachers these days. I'd like to see a few requirements and expectations for the lids and parents one of these days. What are they thinking sending a kid to kindergarten and they don't know their last name or their colors or how to write their name? Don't get me started. I'm all for high standards, but it needs to be all the way around.

Had a really wonderful scrapbooking retreat a few weeks ago-- attended by ten of my favorite people. I had a great weekend, I hope they did as well. I didn't get one stinking thing done scrapbooking-wise, but that's really to be expected when I'm the one "in charge". Recently I've been meeting another scrapbooking friend for some nice work time-- last week we met at a Starbucks and sat there for nearly four hours and had a wonderful time. Before we left we picked the date for the next time--I like having those kinds of things to look forward to.

No plans this weekend-- very glad. I'd really like to get back to the gym but don't have gym clothes that fit at the moment. Must work on that.

But for now... I think I'll finish my peppermint mocha.

No comments: